What is Vaginoplasty/Vaginal Tightening/Vaginal Rejuvenation?
Vaginal Tightening also termed as Vaginal Rejuvenation, Vaginal Reshaping, Vaginal Refashioning or Vaginoplasty ,is the surgical narrowing of the vaginal opening (introitus) and vaginal canal. It is usually done to improve vaginal function and sensation by tightening the internal/external muscles and supporting tissue of the vagina.
Why Vaginal Tightening?
Cosmetic Gynaecology, particularly vaginal tightening & reshaping (vaginoplasty) surgery is becoming more and more popular over the time, mainly with new mothers as the vaginal muscles can become loose and weak after child birth. Some women experience problems such as lack of sensation and satisfaction during sexual activities. The vaginal tightening and rejuvenation procedure improves the way vagina looks, feels and functions; and also results greatly in terms of psychological and mental health by restoring a female’s confidence and self-esteem.
Personal Care & Secrecy
We at Dr. Kalia’s Cosmetic Surgery Clinic understand that patients may find talking about this subject embarrassing or uncomfortable. We can reassure you that our staff and surgeons have significant experience in helping women to regain their confidence and self-esteem through vaginal tightening and rejuvenation. We understand the psychology behind your initiative and thus assist you, counsel you at every step of your decision. When you book a consultation you’ll meet with fully trained, female Patient Care Co-ordinator. You would easily be able to talk about the procedure, including the costs and care to be taken before and after the procedure. We have a wide experience and we are trusted to maintain your privacy at all times. Moreover, you’ll be under no compulsion to go ahead without complete trust and confidence.
- The patients undergoing the vaginal tightening surgery can go home the same day of the procedure
- The procedure takes about one hour to complete and may be performed with general anaesthesia or local anaesthesia and sedation.
- If you have a general anaesthetic, you may need to stay overnight
- The incision for vaginoplasty is made on the posterior (rear) floor of the vagina.
- The surgeon will then shorten the stretched muscles at the back of your vagina with dissolvable stitches and remove any excess skin. This tightens the vaginal muscles and
- surrounding soft tissues, giving an immediate decrease in the diameter of your vagina.
- During the procedure, all incisions for vaginal tightening are internal, so there are no external scars visible.
- Recovery after vaginoplasty takes about one to two weeks.
- It is highly recommended to stick to the care and prescription to avoid any stress, pain, infection or side effects.
- Patients may feel a bit sore after the procedure, and light bleeding may occur during the first day after surgery.
- Bruising and mild swelling may also be present and these side effects usually fade within one to two days.
- Most patients are able to return to work 3-5 days after surgery.
- More strenuous activities will need to be postponed for four to six weeks.
- Sexual activities need to be strictly avoided for 6-8 weeks post the surgery.
The results are usually overwhelming with a tightened, natural looking vagina. The women feel younger, more confident and mentally relaxed. They also enjoy sexual encounters more after the surgery.