Hymenoplasty involves repairing and reconstructing the hymen, or the thin, elastic membrane which naturally covers a part of the vaginal aperture. The hymen usually tears and can bleed with a woman's first sexual encounter, as well as with the insertion of a tampon or strenuous exercises.
Hymenoplasty, hymenorrhaphy or hymen repair, is a treatment for torn hymen. Repair of a torn hymen may be performed for a variety of personal reasons, religious or cultural compliances. At Sr. Kalia’s Cosmetic Surgery Clinic, we understand that privacy and confidentiality is extremely important.
Hymenoplasty is a simple, moderately non-invasive cosmetic procedure that can credibly restore the presence of the hymenal ring while exposing the patient to very limited risks.
- A new hymen is reconstructed by carefully sowing together the remnant hymenal tissue using dissolvable stitches in order to facilitate the curative process and achieve a credible aesthetic result.
- The duration of the hymenoplasty procedure may vary between 30 and 45 minutes and requires a resting period of 1 to 2 days.
- As the procedure involves very little stress to the patient's body, it is quite a considerable option to go for.
- The basic requirements needed in order to be viewed as a viable candidate for hymen reconstruction surgery are that the patient is a healthy woman who has a ruptured hymen
and does not suffer from a heart ailment or diabetes.
- It is preferable that the patient is a least 18 years old and is determined to undergo the procedure.
- A thorough medical and gynaecological examination is essential in order to determine if the hymen restoration procedure is suitable for the patient so that she makes an informed, confident decision.
- Please take into consideration that, despite being able to return to work 1 or 2 days after the actual operation, the patient will have to abstain from sexual intercourse for approximately 4 to 6 weeks.
The results leave you more confident, rejuvenated, fresh and emotionally satisfied too.